As an Associate Product Manager, you will collaborate with business stakeholders and engineers to create, prioritize and execute the product roadmap. As well as play a key role in delivering products and features that meet corporate strategy and objectives, both short term and long term. A successful candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a vision to launch, enhance, optimize and monetize products. If this sounds like you, please continue reading the requirements listed below and apply today for immediate consideration! What You’ll be doing:
- Define and translate a world-class customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized product road map
- Own your product portfolio hands on from requirements gathering to release to adoption
- Maintain and prioritise a product road map and backlog and ensure that new features and enhancements are validated and clearly specified
- Define and articulate feature success criteria with respect to functional and system-level performance, and actively track these post-release
- Process, review and interpret large bodies of qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover new product insights
- Create UX flows, user stories and manage prioritisation of backlog for iterative releases
- Write complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensuring clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business partners and other technology teams within Chai Point.
- Strive to deliver high-quality technology products/services in a very high growth environment where priorities and structures shift rapidly.
- Strong strategic aptitude; proven ability to define a winning business strategy and product roadmap
- Excellent customer experience intuition; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly, customer-facing features
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- Technical fluency; comfort understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule trade offs and new opportunities with technical team members
- Proven ability to make smart feature (customer experience) versus time-to-market trade-offs; experience using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value
- Nimbleness and comfort with ambiguity; comfort responding quickly to rapidly evolving threats and opportunities
- Strong bias for action; ability to juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Street smarts; willingness to roll up the sleeves and do whatever is necessary to meet team goals
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering/Computer Science, or similar field