Designation – Tech Support Executive
Location – Bangalore
Role: We are looking to hire a Support Executive engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for handling technical issues which are being faced by the users using Shark platform. You would be working closely with the Software Engineering team to get an indepth knowledge of the Shark platform, contact users via phone/whatsapp/email and/or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals.
To be qualified for this role, you should hold a degree in any engineering field. If you’re naturally a helper, enjoy assisting people with computer issues and are able to explain technical details simply, we’d like to meet you.
Responsibilities: As a Tech support Executive at Chai Point you will be expected to,
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues, including network configuration
- Ask users targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Talk to users through a series of actions, either via phone, email or chat, until they’ve solved a technical issue
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to appropriate internal teams (e.g. software developers)
- Provide prompt and accurate feedback to users
- Refer to internal database or external resources to provide accurate tech solutions
- Ensure all issues are properly logged
- Prioritize and manage several open issues at one time
- Follow up with users to ensure their issues are resolved and they are unblocked
- Prepare accurate and timely reports
- Document technical knowledge in the form of notes and manuals
- Maintain jovial relationships with users
- Hands-on experience with Windows/Linux environments.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic software/hardware issues.
- Familiarity with remote desktop applications
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
- Good understanding of computer systems/softwares, mobile devices and other tech products
- Knowledge of basic SQL to quickly identify any configuration issues or data discrepency is a plus
- 0-2 years of experience